Social Media = $$$!
Not many may believe this, especially after going through the trouble of signing up and setting their own social media accounts but without seeing streams of cash pour into their bank accounts. If you have been through this phase already, don’t give up on social media just yet and read what I have to tell you.
Let’s Talk Statistics
Yes, I know that 210% of the statistics you read are just exaggerations; but the following statistics are 100% genuine:
- Social media websites are used 88% more than any other site.
- Social gamers purchased approx. $2.2 billion worth of virtual goods in 2009, and this is bound to increase to $6 billion by the year 2013.
- In 2010, the number of blogs grew from 126 million to 152 million after companies discovered that business blogging can bring in 55% more buyers than regular marketing techniques.
Need I say any more? All of these stats come to prove that getting at least twenty buyers or visitors daily is not impossible for social media.
So, what is stopping you from getting the great profits Toyota, IBM and other major companies seems to boast about?
Big Social Media Mistakes
You may be a marketing genius, but not everyone can be an internet marketing prodigy. That is why you should always look for a good internet marketing and SEO company. However, there are a few things which can help boost your profits from social media:
- Infrequent Updates – Add fresh content to your profile or blog on a regular basis. Stale material will drive off your potential clients.
- Spamming – Don’t spam! Google hates it, people hate it, and even you hate it when you receive it.
- Making Business Blogs or Profiles Personal – Separate your personal matters from your business ones. No one will be interested to hear about your aspirations to become a racer while hunting for car parts.
- ‘Whoops’… Delete – Don’t post your message and then delete it. This shows you as an unreliable provider. You can always tweet or post a retraction instead.
- Not Using Keywords – Use SEO to optimize your blog or social media profile so that search engines can locate it easily and send you traffic.
So, rather than wasting your time with an incomplete social media profile or blog, get cracking and hire a good company to get your business on track and fatten your bank account.