Are you planning a webinar? Are you concerned about the audience you will attract? If so, don’t worry – you aren’t alone. You may wonder – what in the world can you do?
The good news is, there are several things you can do to help ensure your upcoming webinar is a huge success with an overflowing audience.
Find an Amazing Topic
Consider the title for the following webinars:
- Design tips that REALLY make your slides pop!
- Killer Robots, Mad Cows & Your Video Marketing Strategy
Both of these are real webinars and they were promoted to the exact same audience with the same tactics. Even the day they were scheduled for and time were very close.
However, headline one generated almost eight times the registrations and 12 times more attendees. That’s because the topic of making the slides pop was something that resonated with the audience in question, while mad cows did not.
Now you have to figure out how to create that perfect topic that won’t bomb. There are a few things that can help:
- Know your audience
- Research the audiences pain points and challenges
- Introduce a solution to the pain point or challenge
- Create a compelling title
There are several formats you can choose for your webinar title. Some of the most popular follow these formats:
- A Beginner’s Guide to (Your Topic)
- (#) Things I Learned Doing (Your Topic)
- How to Solve (Challenge or Pain Point)
Use Email Marketing to Promote the Webinar
A tactic that blows all the others away when it comes to promoting your webinar is email. This is used and rated as being an extremely effective method to “spread the word.”
If you don’t yet have n email list, now is the time to start building one.
Now that you have developed a killer topic and a great title, generating interest should be pretty easy if you create a compelling email invitation. Here is how to create the best invitation:
- Keep it short
- Keep it casual
- Keep the design simple and clean
- Repeat your call to action at the bottom and the top
- Include bulleted lists that is focused on the recipient
- Experiment with video and GIFs
- Mix up the templates
- Test various names as the sender of the email
If you want to achieve the best results possible, try mixing up the templates you use.
Find Someone to Partner With
What is better than using your own email list? Getting access to a partner’s email list. Co-marketing can be a great way to increase total registrations.
Try to find companies that have services or products that are adjacent to but not competitive with your own. Be sure they reach an audience that mirrors your current, target audience.
Hosting a Winning Webinar
If you want to ensure your webinar has the best chance of success, be sure to keep the tips and information here in mind. If you need help with your marketing efforts, reach out to our professional team for help.