As a business owner, you may understand that investing in SEO for your site is important. What you may not know is how often this may be done.
The fact is, if you aren’t familiar with the SEO realm, it can all be quite confusing. Keep reading to have this question answered, along with several other common questions.
SEO Is an Ongoing Effort
SEO is not a set it and forget it strategy. You must regularly tweak, monitor, and adjust your plan to keep your site fully optimized.
You can create an amazing website that is fully optimized today, but things change quickly in SEO. Because of this, you have to stay on top of things.
Why Regular SEO Is so Important
Things are always changing in SEO.
While Google is somewhat secretive about the algorithms used for rankings, some information is released. One example is E-A-T, which stands for expertise, authority, and trustworthiness. These are three of the main factors used for ranking websites.
Keeping up with your site’s SEO will help you see several benefits, such as:
- Optimizing your site increases web traffic.
- SEO helps build your brand.
- Avoid paying for ads.
- Make sure your target audience can find your website.
- Increase your business’s authority and credibility.
- It helps you outrank the competition.
- It improves the user experience.
- It makes it easy to track and measure your results.
How Often to Optimize Your Page and Why
It’s important to note that some parts of your website will be more evergreen than others. One example is the content included on your “About” page. With this, you don’t have to update it weekly. However, for SEO, a few tasks need to be done regularly. By regularly, it means once per month at a minimum. Doing this more often will yield even better results if you can do this more often.
SEO Tasks to Review and Revise Weekly
Some of the SEO tasks you need to review and revise regularly include:
- Keyword tracking: Ensure you are still ranking for the right keywords while monitoring new opportunities.
- Meta tag adjustments: These small lines of text let search engines know what pages are about. You need to make sure they are accurate.
- Refresh old content: Updating old content will help you breathe new life into it.
- Add new content: Add new web pages when needed, including if you start offering a new service or product.
- Replace and update links: Links expire regularly and need to be updated. Make sure to check for this often.
The Benefits of Regularly Updating Your Site’s SEO
When it comes to SEO, this is not a set-it-and-forget-it marketing effort. Instead, it is something that requires ongoing work, time, and effort. It is important to do this to ensure your site ranks well. Hiring professionals is highly recommended if you cannot engage in regular SEO work. This is going to ensure your site continues ranking well.